Charity Trustees, from each member faith, are appointed to the Board of Trustees from those serving on the Advisory Committee.
Support for the work of the Interfaith Forum is provided by Blackburn with Darwen Community and Voluntary Service (CVS).
Blackburn with Darwen has a diverse Faith Community which comprises of 63.0% Christians, 20.0% Muslims, 0.3% Hindus, 0.1% Sikhs, 0.1% Buddhists and < 0.1%.Jews
25% of the population is under 16 years of age.
The Interfaith Forum’s activities and service provision includes:
- Participating in civic occasions
- Arranging events to ‘Meet your neighbour’ and ‘Get to know your Neighbour’s Faith.’
- Partnership working with the College, Schools and Council
- Youth project work
- Facilitating Faith Leaders Forums
- Arranging faith related conferences
- Providing consultancy and advisory service
- Faith center facilitation
- Advice and assistance on faith related matters
- Good practice guide
- Access to local, regional and national faith resources
- Help with conflict resolution
CHARITY TRUSTEES AND ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Mohammed Tayyab Sidat (Chair) – Muslim rep.
- Derek Estill*(Secretary) – Christian rep.
- Rowena Pailing –Christian rep.
- Josephine Hartley – Christian rep.
- John Howard- Norman– Christian rep.
- Arun John– Christian rep.
- Sadiq Patel– Treasurer
- Ashok Chudasama*– Hindu rep.
- Madhubala Pandya*– Hindu rep.
- Bharat Parmar – Hindu rep
- Abdul Aleem*– Muslim rep.
- Mohammed Sadiq –Muslim rep.
- Ismail Satia– Muslim rep.
- Renee Black*– Jewish rep.
- Amrit Kaur– Sikh rep.
- Joginder Singh Bhamra*– Sikh rep.
- Baldeep KHungin– Sikh rep.
- Richard Foster* – Buddhist rep.
- Aftab Alexander Mughal– Web Master
* Charity Trustee